Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 (Stacy’s turn)

I can’t believe this is “hump day”, we are half way through our vacation. . .

Sue slipping in here-“I started my day with my usual walk east into the sunrise. Walked for a while with a nice woman who is a volunteer walker with Sanibel/Captive Conservation Foundation’s turtle checking program. As we passed an abandoned up-side-down beach chair in front of Gulfside Park I remarked how annoyed it made me, and that it had been there for several days. (On my way back I picked it up and carried it to our condo storage unit!)”

We are having a calm, relaxing day. No big plans. We called for reservations for the Sanibel Thriller. Both morning and afternoon excursions are sold out today! I’m glad they are doing well. We have reservations for tomorrow afternoon. We really enjoyed it last summer and I’m sure we will again.

This morning we did a little shopping up and down Periwinkle. Mom bought Christmas cards and Shelby bought a necklace. Mom is hunting for a wedding present for my cousin

We are eating lunch out of the refrigerator.

Shelby and I braved the ocean for a while this afternoon. Didn't see any gators, and believe me, we were looking.

All three of us are readers. Sue is reading the latest Janet Evanovich book. Sizzling Sixteen Pure beach reading trash! She’s enjoying it.

I’m reading Insatiable by Meg Cabot.

Shelby is reading The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper

Rain! Finally! We had a nice shower, but now it is extremely humid, and no wind what-so-ever.

I hate to admit this, but Shelby's vote was for Schnapper's Hots...not that she's spoiled or anything, we had dinner from there.

I haven't mentioned this, but last year when we were here the beaches and the shallow water were covered in brown kelpy stuff(I know, not technical). This year the beaches are very clean, as is the water.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, I just read your comment on my blog...I've been through a bit of an oddsey since July 18...so, I have not posted or even looked at my blog. I have been reading about your vacation...sounds wonderful. I am not sure where Sanibel is..??
    I did post today about my situation...I should be fine!
    Well, just wanted to say hi back and hope all is well with you!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete