Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, 2010, Day 4


OMG! On my early morning sunrise beach walk I saw an alligator in the ocean! It was very close to shore and 5 to 7' long. I stopped to see what a man was photographing and he and I stood and watched for 20 minutes or more. I think I will swim in the pool today. .

The rest of the day went more calmly. After the alligator event we went to Noah’s Ark Thrift Shop. If you have never been, you don’t know what you are missing. It is Tuesday and Friday, behind Saint Michael and all Angels Church. It opens at 9:30 a.m. and the parking lot is full. We only bought one item – a cute Abercrombie & Fitch top for Shelby - $3.00.


Several years ago when we still drove Missouri to Sanibel I bought quite a lot of stuff there. One thing I remember was a large glass base lamp filled with golf balls. The plan was to remove the golf balls and replace with sea shells. When we got home I sat the lamp on the checkout counter of my antiques shop and promptly tripped on the cord, knocking it to the floor. Golf balls and glass went flying and it made a loud bang. People ran for cover! Hauled it all the way home safely and then I broke it.

Lunch was at Cantina Captiva and we approved. I have read mixed reviews, but we had good food and good service. To- go- boxes, plus take out desserts for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment