Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 10, 2010

I always say I'm going to do a trip report, and then I get lazy. This time I am going to try to post each day. . .

Who: Me - Sue, my daughter - Stacy, my granddaughter, Shelby. (The three S's.) I mention this for RC.

We drove to St. Louis Friday evening and stayed in a hotel by the airport.

Sat. morning we took the hotel shuttle to the airport and boarded SWA at 10:00 a.m. and arrived a RSW at 1:30 p.m. YEA!

I called Tom, from Sensible Car Rental, as soon as we landed and he picked us up within 5 minutes of getting our luggage. He drove us to his office where we filled out papers and from there we had a short 15-minute drive to Sanibel.

As always, my heart got very happy as we went over the causeway. Stacy was driving and I could fill my eyes and soul with all the wonderful sights, smells and sounds of the ocean. Shelby was in the back seat and she was also grinning from ear to ear.

Our first stop is always Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce on the right at the end of the causeway. To save time, (we weren’t yet on relaxed island time) I was in charge of picking up the newest magazine, Stacy was in charge of brochures on any new adventures & tide charts, and Shelby was in charge of menus. We were in and out quickly!

Our next stop is always Schnapper’s Hots – Shelby’s favorite. We got hot dogs, fries, and drinks. Oh, and also an order of buffalo wings. Then we headed for the condo. It is like coming home when we pull into Ocean’s Reach. We enjoyed the ocean view while eating our dogs.

After we ate we checked in with Dru and Andy at the Ocean’s Reach office and toured the new butterfly garden and shell washing station. We then got around to unloading our car (we travel very light). After a quick walk on the beach and some pool time we went to Jerry’s and stocked the kitchen.

It was an early to bed night for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment