Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friday, 7/16/2010 (Sue’s turn)

Another great day in paradise. We ate breakfast “at home” and then spent the morning on the beach, at the pool, and in the condo. I am staying out of the sun more than usual and to my surprise, I am happy to just watch the waves from indoors. The view from our condo is wonderful. All condos at Ocean’s Reach are ocean front and only steps to the beach. The pool is also ocean side, which I like. Lunch was at one of our favorite restaurants, Doc Fords. It was very good, as usual. We stopped at the Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum after lunch. We have toured it several times, this time we only went to the gift shop. Stacy bought Christmas cards. The afternoon was much like the morning. It has been very windy most of the day, but no rain. The waves were higher than usual and Stacy and Shelby had fun playing in the ocean. After a quick trip to Bailey’s for a few things (cake) we are taking a beach walk and then in for the night. Our trip report looks very boring, but we are having a great time. If I had done a trip report in the past it would be all about the shelling. I have taken more than my share of shells home. In fact, I have a small “shell garden” at home. But this year is different . . . . In April I was diagnosed with an eye problem. I have some weird restrictions: no heavy lifting, no bending over, coughing, sneezing or vomiting. That sort of eliminated the Sanibel Stoop for me. I wasn’t going to tell this, but I decided you needed to know why I’m not talking about all the shells I’m finding. Here's a link to our Sanibel Pictures We will update when we have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment